Tradesmen On Time hope that QLD will shortly follow the lead from NSW in regards to their new Power Saving Initiatives.
NSW – Save Power Retailer Program
Save Power now gives you the opportunity to learn more about the running costs of different appliances and whitegoods when you are buying them. In the long run, the more efficient product is going to cost you less.
Sales staff in 142 whitegoods and appliance stores across NSW are being trained in energy efficiency to advise you of the long-term running costs of different equipment on offer.
Information to help you calculate appliance running costs
Staff and the stores will have information and calculators to help you make an informed decision when you are buying TVs, fridges, freezers, dishwashers, washing machines and dryers. The Save Power Retail Program will be rolled out in partnership with leading retailers in NSW, starting with Harvey Norman and the Good Guys.
Things to think about when buying a new appliance
- Every extra energy star can cut 27% off the lifetime running costs of washing machines and 15% off dryers.
- Use the energy rating label to find the most efficient television. Compare models of your desired screen size – the more stars the better. Every extra energy star can save you 20% on running costs over the life of your television.
- A medium to large sized plasma TV can cost up to 9 cents an hour to run, compared to an LCD screen of the same size which will cost up to 4.5 cents an hour.
- Save up to 75% on lighting bills by replacing old bulbs with new compact fluorescents. For every CFL you install you will save around $15 year.
- Save water and 30% on your dishwasher’s running costs with every extra star. The most efficient dishwashers use half the water of average models, so you also save money on your water bills.
- Save 23% on the running costs of your fridge or freezer with every extra star.
- A fridge uses more electricity than any other appliance in your home. Every extra star can save you hundreds of dollars over the life of your fridge and freezer. The more stars the better.