The team at TMOT have watched with horror in recent times as electrical product after electrical product has been recalled. The past 12 months have seen dramatically increasing rates of recalls affecting more and more of our customers.
We have also seen more and more instances of bodgey and unsafe electrical work, as well as downright dangerous switchboards
That’s why we decided to do something about it.
Every single residential job booked with TMOT has a 10 point electrical safety check included free of charge!
We want to make sure that your home is as safe as it can be, and that you can rest easy at night. We don’t want our clients being zapped when they plug in their kettle, or have a ticking time bomb in their home if they unknowingly had Olsent or Infinity cable used by a past sparky, or dodgy existing electrical work you have inherited with the house.
As part of every residential job booking, our experienced, qualified electricians go through your property and identify any obvious electrical problems. We also give you realistic guidance on what to do to fix it.
What’s included in the 10 Point Safety Inspection?
- Switchboard condition – Are you running unsafe switches?
- Earth stake – Is your home correctly earthed?
- Safety switch coverage
- Is your switch overloaded?
- Safety switch test
- House wiring visual inspection (to check for Olsent/Infinity cabling or old rubber cable)
- Point wiring visual check to assess the condition of the wiring
- Switch and power point condition & operation
- Lighting safety check
- Smoke detector test
We guarantee not to scare you, just offer qualified honest advice. If we find a problem, we will send you a report and then follow up with a phone call to let you know if it needs to be sorted ASAP or whether it can safely wait a while (e.g.: halogens that have been correctly installed).
Some of the other electrical safety services we offer include:
- Safety switch installation and testing
- Emergency Lighting installation and testing
- Testing and tagging of electrical equipment and appliances
- Surge protector installation
- Home electrical safety checks
- Smoke alarm installation
- Pool lighting testing
- Electrical repairs after floods
TMOT has always been big on doing our electrical work safely and effectively. We see this as just another way we can make life just that little bit safer for our customers.