Are you deep in the minefield that is home renovation? Are you unsure of what is out there or what you even need?
Here are a few things to consider as part of the planning for your renovation: –
- When you plan your kitchen design – make sure you consider your power requirements. So many appliances need power points, and you will also need effective lighting for safety as well as aesthetics.
- The lounge is the most used room in the house, you’ll spend most of your time here, so you need to get the lighting right. Plan it out!
- In the lounge, you will need multiple power points to keep your TV and technology running.
- Data!! In this interconnected world, we live in most homes have an average of 13 connected devices! WiFi is suitable for phones and tablets but doesn’t quite cut it for entertainment units and streaming content, hardwired points are a must for reliable Internet. Patchy WiFi coverage also can be improved by strategically placed repeaters plugged into hard-wired ethernet points.
- Temperature regulation is another important consideration for any lounge. Think air-con, fans, heating…
- Smoke detectors are a necessity and the new smoke alarm legislation that came into effect in 2017 means that conducting a reno may require you comply with the new code fully ahead of the 2022 deadline.
- Bathrooms are filled with tricky renovation decisions. Power points need strategic placement, and just like the kitchen – you need to plan ahead. Position a few around your vanity for easy access to small electrical appliances.
- Lighting is always a focal point for bedroom reno’s, and you will have to consider fans or a small air con unit, depending on your budget.
- You will need multiple power outlets for bedside lighting, TVs and even your phone charger or alarm.
- Your laundry also needs plenty of power points for your washing machine, dryer, and any other extra electrical items you use for regular cleaning, such as vacuum cleaners and steam mops!
- Councils and building codes now specify an energy efficiency rating for lighting and the easiest way to achieve this is LED lighting, as a general rule it uses 20% of the energy of other lighting and last 10 times as long.
- Outdoor garden lighting is important for entertaining and creating an atmosphere. If you have room to entertain, power points are a must. If you love having friends around, you may need power points for heating, the beer fridge or other small electrical appliances like a blender for frozen margaritas or a sound system ???? We are coming to your house!!!!
The options are endless, and at Tradesmen On Time we are happy to help! Give us a call and we can help you with your home renovation plans to make sure you get the results you want that work best for you.
CONTACT TRADESMEN ON TIME TODAY
Local Emergency Electrician in South & North Brisbane
We have been around for a long time and have won state and national awards. We’re your friendly, professional electricians in Brisbane.
BTW, here is Megan, our office guru.
She is super-efficient and understanding. Megan will coordinate everything to keep your family and home safe! Contact Megan now!