Electrical Home Safety Brisbane
Complete list-to-do for electrical home safety in Brisbane! For electrical inspection and maintenance, call Tradesmen on Time today: 1300 853 564
The Tradesmen on Time team feel responsible for all our clients. Our three core values are Do it Right – Do it On Time – Add Value. And while our services include air conditioning, data cabling, lighting, ceiling fans, power points, switchboard upgrades, electrical inspections, electrical safety audits, evaporative cooling, NBN problems, safety switch problems and pre-purchase inspections, Tradesmen on Time’s team of award-winning residential and commercial electricians would also Iike to remind you of a few basic essentials that you should always observe to try to avoid electrical accidents and fires:
- Report any damaged power poles or trees on the power lines or any downed electric lines immediately.
- Make sure that you are using the correct wattage in all your fixtures and appliances.
- Do not set your water heater thermostat too high.
- Check your electric cords regularly and replace damaged ones.
- Do not plug in too much at once and risk overloading electrical outlets.
- Don’t pull on the cord to take a plug out of a socket.
- Remember that a turned-off appliance is still connected to electricity until it is unplugged, so always unplug an appliance before cleaning or repairing it or even taking out a piece of toast stuck in a toaster.
- Take great care when using extension cords.
- Don’t stay outside in a thunderstorm.
- Wear sensible shoes when mowing the lawn or clipping the hedge with electric tools.
- Do not use electric appliances outside in the rain, and remember to keep electric equipment and outlets away from water.
Faulty or damaged wiring and related electrical equipment cause almost 70 percent of electrical fires, followed by lamps and light fixtures, cords, plugs, transformers and other power supplies. When looking for potential fire hazards in your own home, always be sure to consult with a professional electrician. Better still, why not book Tradesmen on Time today for a FREE Electrical home safety inspection.
Tradesmen on Time guarantee to turn up and do a brilliant job every time. We even have an extensive range of educational blogs on our website to inform our customers and to help them to solve problems on their own where they can. Based in North Brisbane but servicing the whole Brisbane Metro area as well as Caboolture, Bribie, Ipswich and Logan, Tradesmen on Time come to you – On Time!
Contact Tradesmen on Time at and we’ll get straight back to you.