Electrical & Air-conditioning (07) 31555014 office@tmot.com.au

An Australian power outlet on white background.You go to plug in an appliance into your power socket when you discover that the power point no longer works. What causes it to suddenly die?

  • Burnt out – Power sockets are like every piece of equipment, they have a limited life span. Over time the switch or the contacts can burn out through over use, causing the socket to no longer work.
  • Loose or broken connection – house wiring has changed over the years. Older houses generally still have the more brittle wiring, which can break or come loose from fittings – generally when you are doing something like hammering in a new picture hook, or a football goes west and bumps the wall.
  • Termites, ants or other pests – pests can do a lot of damage to more than just your internal walls. They can eat through your wiring leaving live wires inside your walls or roof cavity.

If you have a dead socket, don’t ignore it. Call a licensed Brisbane electrician to come out and fix it for you. This is not a DIY job! Stay safe and get in the experts to find out what is wrong.

For more information, or if you would like to book a fully qualified, insured and trained electrician to replace your power sockets in the Brisbane area, please visitwww.tradesmenontime.com.au or call 0415 623 770

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This